The Seagulls Shift Supervisor is responsible for managing the shift with passion and knowledge. The ideal candidate will be a problem solver with strong work ethics and leadership skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and delegate responsibilities to staff to ensure objectives are met and excellent customer service is achieved.
- Maintain proper health and safety regulations.
- Responsible for training and development of new employees; train and coach staff on guest services, principles, and practices, proper sanitation and cleaning procedures, food handling, opening and closing techniques.
- Create a positive guest experience by delivering a high level of service; ensure all team members engage guests to understand the guest’s needs and exceed the guest’s expectations.
- Maintain a positive work environment for employees and guests.
- Take in deliveries and put away using the FIFO method.
- Train employees on the use of the cash register and how to accept each form of payment.
- Lead each shift by delegating duties and assigning tasks to team members.
- Manage time effectively and meet all job responsibilities.
- Perform temperature checks periodically throughout the shift to ensure products are within safe temperature levels.
- Greet all customers in a friendly and welcoming manner.
- Retain a general knowledge of our ice cream flavors and other products.
- Fulfill customer orders for ice cream purchases.
- Process customer transactions on the cash register, including refunds, and discounts.
- Maintain a balanced cash drawer.
- Maintain clean work areas and have supplies stocked at all time, including beverages and Seagulls Gear.
- Maintain and clean the dipping cabinets as necessary, eliminate cross contamination of ice cream flavors.
- Follow all policies, procedures, and all company policies as outlined in company handbook.
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Previous experience in customer service and food service.
- Must be able to take direction and delegate responsibilities.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to perform basic math skills.
- Able to count money “backwards” in the event of an error entering tender amount.
- Able to work flexible schedule and adjust to seasonal shifts.
- Able to push, pull, carry or lift up to 40 pounds.
- Able to stand for up to 8 hours.
- Must be able to obtain and pass the Servsafe managers course and exam.
- Loves eating ice cream.
Job type: Full-Time or Part-Time
Schedule: Primarily Monday - Friday 10:30a - 5:30p. Flexibility with other shift times required.
Job start date targeted for the middle of May.
Think you have what it takes? Send a resume to Seagullsicecream@gmail.com.